City Closes Circulator, Intersections and Opens Shelters
Concerns about flooding and road conditions prompted the closures.
Due to the approach of Hurricane Sandy, the city has opened shelters, closed several intersections and suspended Charm City Circulator routes.
Residents are still urged to try and shelter in place but if they must use a shelter to bring needed supplies and including medications if needed, according to a news release.
The shelters are located:
- War Memorial Building- Lexington and Gay streets
- Baltimore Junior Academy- 3006
- West Cold Spring Lane
- Oliver Community Center- 1400 East Federal Street
- Edmondson High School- 4501 Edmondson Avenue
- Patterson Park High School- 100 Kane Street
- Forest Park High School- 3701 Eldorado Avenue
The Department of Transportation has also closed the following intersections:
- Clipper Mill at Meadow Mills Business Park
- 1900 block Falls Road (near Streetcar Museum)
- Monument Street at Pulaski Highway
- Aliceanna at Caroline Street
- North Point at Kane West
The Department of Transportation has also suspended operation of all Charm City Circulator routes. The routes will remain closed throughout the storm period, according to a news release.