Holiday Springs & Sprockets opens October 15; Fall-O-Ween Family Festival happens October 26
Baltimore – (September 25, 2013) – Port Discovery Children’s Museum has released its schedule of special events and programs for October 2013. Highlights include Healthy First Saturday on October 5, the new visiting exhibit Holiday Springs & Sprockets opening on October 15 and the Fall-O-Ween Family Festival on October 26.
October-May Hours: Beginning October 1, Port Discovery will be open Tuesday-Friday, 9:30 am – 4:30 pm, Saturday, 10 am – 5 pm and Sunday, 12 pm – 5 pm. The museum is closed Mondays from October through May (Memorial Day) except during select public school holidays.
Healthy First Saturday: October 5
· Kick off the month with healthy fun for the entire family! Get KinderFit! with the Kindersinger, meet furry friends from FIDOS for Freedom and learn all about healthy living with UMBC!
Storybook Sunday: October 6
· Exercise your imagination with magician storyteller David London! Then get moving with Mother Goose on the Loose, an early literacy program that features singing, movement, and finger plays. Jingle Jangle Music Time is also available today and teaches young children basic rhythm. Next, come to Kamishibai story time that features the ancient Japanese art of Paper Theater.
· From October through May, every Wednesday at Port Discovery is Wonderful! Enjoy fun, educational activities like Pop Up Science (science demonstration), Circle Time (interactive story time), Mother Goose on the Loose (musical early literacy program) and Jingle Jangle Music Time (interactive music experience)!
Thrifty Tuesdays and Thursdays
· Enjoy a discount admission of $8 from 1 pm - 4:30 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays through December 19, 2013. Harbor Park Garage offers $7 Roof Top only parking on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:30 pm - 5 pm, through December 19, 2013. Please pick up a follow up validation at the Museum box office.
Littles’ Day: October 12
· Join us for a day of fun for the 5 years and under crowd! Dance and sing along with The Kindersinger and Bubbles the Clown, enjoy a performance by the Gina Ling Dance Chamber and bounce and play in a moon bounce!
New Visiting Exhibit Opens-Holiday Springs & Sprockets: October 15
· Featuring life-sized, kinesthetic sculptures and installations (think Rube Goldberg with a holiday theme!), Holiday Springs &Sprockets celebrates Americana nostalgia and childhood whimsy through a world of blinking lights, moving parts and quirky scenarios. Created by famed mechanical artist and sculptor, Steve Gerberich, visitors can bring sculptures to life with the touch of a button or the turn of crank. This holiday-themed installation made its debut at New York's Bloomingdale's and has been featured on The Today Show and NBC Nightly News.
Target $2 Family Fun Night: October 18
· Join us on the third Friday of each month! General admission is only two dollars per person from 4 pm – 8 pm at the door.
Fall-O-Ween Family Festival: October 26
· Dress up in your favorite costume and join us for Port Discovery's annual Fall-O-Ween Family Festival! Enjoy not-so-scary, family-friendly programs and performances! Get stylish at our Too Too Fabulous Tutu Making Factory; make delicious Cinnamon Bats during Cook and Tell with McCormick; meet our Creepy Crawly friends from WildLife Adventures; rock out with Here Comes Trouble (an amazing children’s music rock band) and more!
Family Fun Fridays: October 4, October 18, October 25
· Pop Up Science, Circle Time, Exploration Station, Tot Trails (for children ages birth through three years), Mother Goose on the Loose, and Jingle Jangle Music Time are all options to make this Friday fantastic.
Circle Time: Daily
· Want to get your tots moving? Join us for Circle Time, an interactive story time that features singing, dancing, and finger plays.
Family Fun Day on Sundays: October 13, October 20, October 27
· Visit our world full of discovery and participate in World Rhythm Drum Circus, Mother Goose on the Loose, Jingle Jangle Music Time, and Kamishibai.
About Port Discovery Children’s Museum
Port Discovery Children’s Museum connects purposeful play and learning, offering three floors of educational, interactive exhibits and programs designed for children ages birth-10 years of age. The Museum is ranked among the Top 12 children’s museums in the United States by Forbes.com and has served 3.8 million visitors. To learn more about Port Discovery’s exhibits and upcoming events, please visit www.portdiscovery.org.