Baltimore – (August 29, 2013) – Port Discovery Children’s Museum has released its schedule of special events and programs for September 2013. Highlights include Littles’ Day on September 14, final days of “The Wizard of Oz” children’s educational exhibit run and the Hispanic Heritage Celebration on September 21.
Special September Hours: All month long, Port Discovery will be open Friday, 9:30 am – 4:30 pm, Saturday, 10 am – 5 pm and Sunday, 12 pm – 5 pm. The museum will be closed Monday – Thursday for exhibit maintenance.
To learn more about Port Discovery’s exhibits and upcoming events, please visit www.portdiscovery.org.
Special Offer for Baltimore Grand Prix Weekend!
· From August 30 - September 1, Buy one admission at regular price and get one admission half off when you show your Grand Prix 2013 wristband. *Offer not valid with any other offer. Limit one offer per transaction. And adult must accompany a child on each transaction.
The Wizard of Oz Children’s Educational Exhibition: Through September 15
· The Wizard of Oz is leaving soon! The tornado is coming to sweep away this educational exhibit, so make sure you don’t miss out on the opportunity to visit the land of Oz. Dorothy, Tin Man, Scarecrow, and more are waiting for a visit from you.
Storybook Sunday: September 1
· Exercise your imagination with magician storyteller David London! Then get moving with Mother Goose on the Loose, an early literacy program that features singing, movement, and finger plays. Jingle Jangle Music Time is also available today and teaches young children basic rhythm. Next, come to Kamishibai storytime that features the ancient Japanese art of Paper Theater.
Labor Day Fun: September 2
· Sing and Dance with The Mr. Gabe Show and enjoy a special Kamishibai story time!
Healthy First Saturday: September 7
· Kick off the month with healthy fun for the entire family! Get KinderFit! with the Kindersinger, meet furry friends from FIDOS for Freedom and enjoy Cook and Tell with McCormick®!
Littles’ Day: September 14
· Join us for a day of fun for the 5 years and under crowd! Dance and sing along with The Kindersinger and Bubbles the Clown, make a snack in Cook and Tell with Wegmans and bounce and play in a moonbounce!
Target $2 Family Fun Night: September 20
· Join us every 3rd Friday of each month! General admission is only two dollars per person from 4 pm – 8 pm at the door.
Hispanic Heritage Day: September 21
· Celebrate Hispanic arts and culture! Design your own Dia De Muertos skull mask, get your face painted, and enjoy special performances by Mr. Norman and Bailes de Mi Tierra!
Family Fun Fridays: September 6, September 13, September 20, September 27
· Pop Up Science, Circle Time, Exploration Station, Tot Trails (for children ages birth through three years), Mother Goose on the Loose, and Jingle Jangle Music Time are all options to make this Friday fantastic.
Freaky Friday Science Labs: September 6, September 13, September 20, September 27
· Join Scientist Sarah and our special guest scientists for an interactive science lab experience! Freaky Fridays occur from 1 pm – 3 pm every Friday in September.
Circle Time: September 6, September 7, September 13, September 14, September 27, September 28
· Want to get your tots moving? Join us for Circle Time, an interactive story time that features singing, dancing, and finger plays.
Family Fun Day on Sundays: September 1, September 8, September 15, September 22, September 29
· Visit our world full of discovery and participate in World Rhythm Drum Circus, Mother Goose on the Loose, Jingle Jangle Music Time, and Kamishibai.
About Port Discovery Children’s Museum
Port Discovery Children’s Museum connects purposeful play and learning, offering three floors of educational, interactive exhibits and programs designed for children ages birth-10 years of age. The Museum is ranked among the Top 12 children’s museums in the United States by Forbes.com and has served 3.8 million visitors.