Each week Patch is picking some restaurants and events in North Baltimore that we think you'd enjoy. This week, we're suggesting some ideas to consider when hitting the town this weekend.
Patch Picks: Valentines Day
- This venue on 34th Street in Hampden offers the comfort of Baltimore's corner watering holes, but a step up in food. A booth, glass of wine and some jambalaya could make for a good Valentine's date.
- The Senator Theatre: Movies always make for a good date night. However, instead of taking in a picture at the dime-a-dozen multiplex, try this Baltimore landmark for something a little different.
- : The Mt. Washington Tavern is offering a special prix-fixed menu for Valentine's Day. The menu features deviled eggs with rare tuna, pimento and sesame, wild caught potato crusted Grouper filet, with Crab Cilantro-Lime Butter, pan seared veal rib chop with wild mushrooms, port wine reduction, roasted sweet potatoes
seafood Newburg casserole with shrimp, scallops and lobster.
- : So heading out isn't on your agenda? Well stay in, rent some flicks and enjoy a nice quiet weekend. There is still something to be said about heading to the video store and browsing through the titles.
- Heart-Shaped Pizza: So you're staying in with some movies this Valentine's Day weekend? Make the event more festive with a heart-shaped pizza. Papa John's will be cooking and delivering heart-shaped pies this weekend.
Correction: The menu item initially listed for the Mt. Washington Tavern was incorrect.