It's been almost two weeks since the government announced women's ability to fully participate in combat. Though the majority of Americans support this decision, discussion boards, blogs, television, and other media sources have continued to raise a flurry of opinions. Here is a response to some of those issues that have been used against women's participation, flipping gender perspectives to hopefully create laughter over some of the incidious arguments against women's participation and also arouse reflection over gender equity and whether or not men and women truly have parity in present times.
10. Because we need men on the home front to dictate what women should and shouldn’t do, especially regarding life (reproductive rights) and death (combat participation).
9. Because men are far too unemotional: they kill people and don’t come back with PTSD.
8. Because men are too strong: they will kill the entire country, including innocent civilians. We need women who are weak because, “The average female soldier does not even have the arm strength to throw a grenade far enough to keep herself from getting blown up.” (-Bryan Fischer, “Women Are Emotionally Unfit for Combat”)
7. Because men are too much of a distraction during combat.
6. Because if men die, then that’s one less kid without a father. And we all know men’s primary role is to be a father.
5. Because a man could get raped. And women are never raped in military situations, so clearly this would only be a problem for men.