This has nothing to do with a platinum selling pop-punk band and everything to do about recycling.
Today is American Recycling Day and the Department of Public Works is asking city residents to celebrate by taking the Green Day Challenge and reduce the amount of trash they produce, according to a news release.
The average American creates 4.6 pounds of trash a day and the department is asking residents to do the following to help curb waste production:
- Bring your lunch to work in reusable containers.
- Recycle ALL your paper, cans and bottles.
- Use reusable shopping bags.
- While shopping choose items with minimal packaging.
- Invest in reusable travel bottles or mugs.
- Save your Styrofoam coffee cups and recycle them at the NW Citizen’s Convenience Center at 2840 Sisson St.
- Take your outdated electronics to one of the City’s drop-off centers. You can find a list of our drop-off centers by visiting: http://publicworks.baltimorecity.gov/Recycling/CitizenDropOffCenters.aspx
- Have your bills and statements sent online instead of by mail.
- Organize a carpool with co-workers.