Let’s review our Middle East policy since Obama took office in January 2009:
- He made it his top priority to go to the region and prostrate himself before the Islamic world, bowing beforeSaudi sheiks and telling outrageous lies about the great and glorious history of a religion rooted in 7th Century barbarism in his now-infamous speech in Cairo
- he has unilaterally withdrawn from Iraq while perpetuating a semi-war in Afghanistan
- he has proceeded to do everything in his power to place as many crazy Muslim zealots in power as he possibly can
- We have Egypt, formerly a solid U.S. ally whose leader kept the peace with Israel for thirty years, in flames and in danger of becoming a Russian ally, at best, or imploding into Islamist chaos, at worst
- in Libya, where every terrorist in the area is still laughing at us after the fiasco in Benghazi, we have replaced a tinhorn tyrant with a truly dangerous al-Qaida-run government, a scenario we are about to repeat in Syria
- Obama hates Israel, and he no longer has any need for the naive liberal Jewish vote that helped put him in office — twice — so he feels emboldened to do what he wants to the tiny Jewish state. If Iran attacks Israel in promised retaliation for a U.S. strike on Syria, Israel will be forced to defend itself, possibly with nuclear weapons. Given Obama’s willingness to twiddle his thumbs and pretend to agonize over his decision to make any moves against the Syrian regime, thereby giving every terrorist mullah in the Middle East time to plot revenge, one has to wonder, will he do anything to defend Israel?
This post is contributed by a community member. The views expressed in this blog are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Patch Media Corporation. Everyone is welcome to submit a post to Patch. If you'd like to post a blog, go here to get started.