Baltimore Shakespeare Festival
Baltimore Shakespeare Festival is a professional theatre company located inside a building that used to be an Episcopal church. During the summer months, Baltimore Shakespeare Festival has performances at an outdoor venue and encourages picnicking.
Baltimore Shakespeare Festival also has an educational outreach program. It brings theater to schools in Baltimore City, encouraging student participation. It also sponsors a program that brings school children into the theatre for special free performances, and sends teaching artists and performers to the schools afterwards to follow up with the students.
- Hours: See website for performance schedules.
- Handicap Accessible: Ramp for entrance, but restroom is not accessible
- Founding Date: 1993
- Ticket information: Adults $25; Seniors (62+) $20; Students $10; Group Discount, 10 or more people $15
- Buy tickets online [link]: www.baltimoreshakespeare.org/tickets/
- Student discounts: Yes
- Senior discounts: Yes
- Private parties: No
- Food/drink: Yes
- Alcohol served: Yes
- Coat/bag check: No
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Restrictions: No smoking
- What makes this community special?: It is a close, working-class community. It is a quirky city, and we like our quirkiness.