Charm City Cakes
Located in Remington, Charm City Cakes has catapulted Baltimore into the national spotlight with its Food Network show, Ace of Cakes. The Cake company creates custom, handmade cakes in a dizzying array of shapes and sizes. The staff of eleven, headed by founder, "Duff" have recreated skylines, pets, people, parade floats, Star Wars characters and even a battle between zombies and a bridal party, out of cake. The cakes don't just look good though, CCC offers over 25 flavors to choose from including smores, bananas foster, curry caramel, and peanut butter and jelly along with more traditional yellows and chocolate.
Due to overwhelming orders to fill as well as the fame bestowed by the Food Network, visitors are never allowed in, and the windows are covered with gels, so don't plan on getting a glimpse of the artists in action. Only an order and a deposit will get you through those doors.
- Hours: Appointment only, no visitors.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 2000
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Custom cakes
- Food & dining options: Vegan
- General services: Catering, Delivery, Web orders
- Menu link: www.charmcitycakes.com
- Specialties: Custom cakes
- ATM: No
- Parking: On-street: free
- Private events: Yes
- Top 10 menu items, or signature dishes: Each cake is one-of-a-kind