Gertrudes's is an upscale restaurant located within the Baltimore Musuem of Art, next to Johns Hopkins University. Diners can enjoy views of the museum's lavish grounds through large picture windows; there's also an outdoor patio and a sizable bar. Chef John Shields specializes in excellent Chesapeake Bay coastal seafood dishes. The restaurant is open throughout the week, even when the musuem is closed; brunch and special events are also held here. Groups can arrange meals from a customized menu. Reservations are recommended.
- Hours: Lunch and dinner: Tue - Fri, 11:30am - 9pm; Sat, 5pm - 9pm; Sun, 5pm - 8pm. Light fare: Sat - Sun, 3pm - 5pm. Brunch: Sat - Sun, 10:30am - 3pm.
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Discover, MasterCard
- General services: Eat-in, Prepared foods
- Menu link: www.johnshields.com/restaurant/rest/01.00_menus.html
- Specialties: Chesapeake coastal dishes
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free, On-street: metered
- Private events: No
- What makes this community special?: "The museum and the Johns Hopkins community."
- Cuisine: American
- Signature dishes: Miss Jean's crab soup
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: Gertie's seafood creole
- Price level: $$
- Reservations: Suggested
- Executive chef: John Shields
- Number of tables: 50
- Features: Banquets, Brunch, Dinner, Group-friendly, Lunch, Outdoor seating, Private Parties, View
- Atmosphere: Bar Scene, Elegant, Fine dining, Late-night, Quiet
- Dress code: Casual and business attire