Gilman School focuses on what it calls character-based education. Character education focuses on strengthening the mind, body and spirit of its students. The all boys' school also considers itself to be the first country day school in the nation, where students received the education of a boarding school without having to leave home.
- Hours: Please visit the website for more information.
- Handicap Accessible: This building is fully accessible.
- Founding Date: 1897
- Number of students: 1,000
- Financial aid: Yes
- Graduation rate (%): 100
- Accreditation/licenses: Association of Independent Maryland Schools
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 8 to 1
- Parking: On-street: free, On-street: metered
- Number of faculty: 140
- Montessori: No
- Special education: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Uniforms: Yes