The Holistic Massage Training Institute offers massage therapy training courses, and is the only massage school in Baltimore City. It has experienced instructors and small class sizes, with no more than 10 students per classroom. Students of the school have a much higher average pass rate of the National Certification Exam in Therapeutic Massage than the State average. It offers continuing-education classes for certified massage therapists. It also provides community seminars, which are open to the general public at certain times of the year. The Institute is committed to serving the community, providing student massages at various charitable events in the area. Additionally, it has a student clinic offering massages for only $25/hour during student class time. Call or check the Web site for information about scheduling an appointment.
- Hours: Call for information about appointments for student massages during class time.
- Handicap Accessible: There is a ramp leading to the entrance.
- Founding Date: January 2000
- Number of students: 30
- Male-to-female ratio: Approx: 20% male: 80% female
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: No
- Graduation rate (%): 84
- Accreditation/licenses: Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools Maryland Higher Education Commission Maryland Board of Chiropractic Examiners National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork
- Student-to-teacher ratio: No more than 10 to 1
- Parking: On-street: free, On-street: metered
- Number of faculty: 9
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Utterly engaged; students are required to do 12 hours of outreach, and the school saves it all for charitable events in the area.
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Type: Health care