Situated across from the campus of Johns Hopkins University, the Niwana Restaurant offers an array of traditional Japanese and Korean dishes in an elegant setting. The restaurant is open daily for both lunch and dinner.
Diners can feast on freshly made sushi or enjoy Korean calamari while enjoying the Japanese and Korean artwork. A fully stocked bar offers fine wine and beer beverages. In the warmer months, diners can eat outside.
- Hours: Mon - Sat, 11:30am – 10:30pm; Sun, 1pm - 9:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: A ramp is available from the sidewalk.
- Payments accepted: Cash, MasterCard, Visa
- General services: Eat-in
- Menu link: www.niwanarestaurant.com/menu/fullmenu/
- Specialties: Tempura, Korean calamari, shumai, chicken tatsuta
- Parking: On-street: metered
- Private events: No
- What makes this community special?: The students of Johns Hopkins and the area of North Charles St.
- Cuisine: Japanese / Sushi, Korean
- Signature dishes: Ojingeo Bokkeum with soba noodles, Kalbi Dolsot, Kalbi, Spicy Bul Gogi, Ojingeo Bokkeum.
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: Bul Gogi Donburi
- Price level: $
- Reservations: Accepted
- Number of tables: 30
- Features: Dinner, Lunch
- Atmosphere: Elegant, Fine dining