The Baltimore Museum of Art
The Baltimore Museum of Art is a stunning collection of art, including 19th century, modern and contemporary art. The museum holds over 90,000 works of art. The internationally renowned Cone collection includes a group of 500 works by Henri Matisse. There is also a large collection of contemporary art, including many works by Andy Warhol. The museum also features two outdoor landscaped sculpture gardens. The building itself is gorgeous and inviting, with room after room of high ceilings and beautiful floors. Helpful and friendly docents greet you immediately upon your entrance to the museum. There are a wide array of books, prints, cards, and calendars for sale in the BMA gift shop. Perhaps most amazing of all, admission to the BMA's general collection is always free.
If you are hungry after a long day of perusing the vast collection at the BMA, you will not find standard museum cafeteria fare. Instead, the BMA is home to the extremely popular restaurant, Gertrude's, featuring nationally acclaimed chef John Shields. Gertrude's is known for its delicious regional offerings, as well as its brunch.
- Hours: Mon- Closed Tues- Closed Wed- 10-5 Thurs- 10-5 Fri- 10-5 Sat- 11-6 Sun- 11-6
- Handicap Accessible: Fully wheelchair accessible and a limited number of wheelchairs are available for use free of charge.
- Founding Date: 1914
- Ticket information: General Admission is free. Special ticketed exhibitions may require admission fees, and BMA Members receive free admission to these special exhibitions.
- Private parties: Yes
- Food/drink: Yes
- Alcohol served: Yes
- Coat/bag check: Yes
- Parking: On-street: metered, Paid lot
- Restrictions: No smoking
- Guided tours?: Yes
- Guided tour languages: English, French, Spanish
- Audio tours?: Yes
- Audio tour languages: English
- Gift shop: Yes
- Gift shop hours: Tues- 11-8, Wed- 10-5, Thurs- 10-8, Fri- 10-8, Sat- 11-8, Sun- 11-6
- Cameras allowed?: Yes
- Membership levels: Corporate, Family, Individual